Friday, October 4, 2013

Understanding Paragraphs : Topics and Main Ideas

Andrew Caimraj
EDUC 108- M02
10/2/2013

Reflection - Chapter 6

Before reading chapter 5 I believe it will be about how we can understand how to read a paragraph. Also understanding the main points of the paragraph,  how it can be analyzed better by us. Then when I read this chapter I will gather information on how I can view a paragraph differently. Therefore when I'm reading any type of story I can identify what is important and what is not important.

After reading chapter 6 I can now say when reading a paragraph I can look at it more differently. When I know what the topic is and what the main idea is of the paragraph. Topic is the subject of the whole paragraph and the main idea is the point the whole paragraph is making. Other sentences in a paragraph is called details and where authors, writers uses transition words. Transition words are words that connects the whole paragraph which are ideas and phrases. A paragraph is a group of related sentences that actually makes a paragraph. I can now say after learning what is a paragraph and knowing the terms to fully understanding a paragraph, I can actually read articles to understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment